Life gets to us all sometimes and I am certainly no exception to the rule.
Instead of working myself to death and worrying about things I can’t control, I’m trying a not so new technique for a few days but it’s something I’m very unaccustomed to…letting go.
Have you ever tried to screw the lid back on a jar or bottle and for some reason, the threads won’t line up and you keep unscrewing it and screwing it back on, only have to repeat this again and again?
Yeah, that’s how my head feels lately in relation to my neck.
I’ve been somewhat disappointed in the performance of my newest novel. However, I’d be an ignorant clod if I didn’t appreciate the fact that I even exist and am able to read, write and breathe at all.
- I’m grateful to have the opportunity to publish.
- I’m grateful for those who support me.
- I’m thankful for those who take time out of their lives to remind me why I do the things I do and why I work so hard.
- I’m thankful to have a day job I love and enjoy going to each day and that it keeps my lights on and puts food on my table as I pursue this crazy dream.
- I’m grateful for those who have taken time out of their lives to read anything I have written.
- I’m thankful for my wonderful family and friends just for being who they are.
- I accept the fact that as long as I stay focused and work hard, my day will come.
- I also accept the fact that the universe is in control and regardless of what I do, this spark will ignite when the time is right. I just need to be patient and wait my turn.
4 thoughts on “I Surrender”
I almost agree entirely. 🙂
Perfect timing. You are describing what I’m feeling right now. I’m still working on the “letting go” part.
Great words and, at this time of year, many of us become stressed and don’t feel in control. Taking a step back and taking a deep breath, then thinking about all the wonderful things we do have, will often help us let the things go that stress us out, and to get on with all the positive things in our lives